We celebrated our first birthday at Way Too Cool 50k. Here’s a snapshot of race day and our first year.
Every year the small town of Cool, California gets even cooler. Just east of Auburn, Cool hosts the Way Too Cool 50k, one of Northern California’s favorite annual races. For Sufferfest, this year’s race not only marked the season opener, but also marked our very first year of business!
This past Saturday, March 4, nearly 1,000 runners set out for a day of suffering followed by an afternoon of camaraderie and epic revelry. The celebration was made complete by the race’s signature frog cupcakes alongside cold pints of our Epic Pilsner and Taper IPA. Thanks to all the racers and crew for helping us celebrate this momentous occasion. It’s been awesome to sweat, suffer and celebrate with you all!
Sufferfest Events Associate Rebecca Murillo gets a sweaty congratulatory hug from Salomon’s Alice Baker.
“Earn it.” That is exactly what all the runners did this past Saturday at the Way To Cool 50K. Sufferfest was at the finish with everyone’s favorite reward! We partied down and celebrated our 1st birthday, a 6th place finish by our Pro Athlete Paddy O’Leary and an amazing 4th place finish in the women’s field by Sufferfest Events Team Ambassador, Rebecca Murillo . Brady Haugh, our WTC challenge winner, finished with a huge smile and was also on hand to help commemorate the day. Congrats to all the runners and thanks to all who celebrated with us at WTC17!
Paddy O’Leary and WTC winner Cody Reed see the party going down at the beer tent!
See you next year Way Too Cool!
Because of you drinking Sufferfest Beer, we achieved some solid wins this year and we would like to share the best with you.
Here are some of the team’s proudest moments of 2016
- Sufferfest Beer landed in 200 locations in 200 days (now available in over 300!)
- We poured our beer at over 40 NorCal events to thousands of athletes
- We sold over 100,000 pint cans of beer
- Our team collectively ran over 1500 miles of road and trail
- We made the Sunday print edition of the San Francisco Chronicle
- Epic Pilsner was a Good Food Award Winner among hundreds of submissions
- We added three amazing pro athletes to our Sufferfest family:
- We sampled our beer at over 50 stores
- Our team tripled in size!
We’re just getting warmed up in 2017 and we have some great updates to share with you along the way. Stay tuned for our next big reveal this coming this month! Stay in the know by following us on Instagram and Facebook.
Sweat. Suffer. Celebrate!
– Team Sufferfest