We're still celebrating the launch of Repeat Kolsch — our super-balanced, do-it-all brew! We brewed Repeat to be a beer that celebrates finding balance in your life, so we started thinking about what that really means.
We know that you balance a lot on your plate. In our community, it never ceases to amaze us when we hear about what you’re up to. From rock climbers, ultrarunners, and CEOs to students, parents, and friends, you are all so much more than any one thing. So, inspired by you all, “How I Find Balance” is our campaign featuring badass humans who are finding ways to make time for themselves, their loved ones, their jobs, and their passion projects amongst all of the other challenges life throws at us. We know it’s not always easy (which is why we think that a cold beer is well-deserved), so this is our little ode to you all.
So, we started by reaching out to a few amazing people in our community and got them to share how they balance their day-to-day lives.
Now, it's your turn.
If finding balance means taking an hour to yourself for a workout, sitting back and cracking a beer at the end of a long week, cutting out some time each month to evaluate your personal and professional goals, or screaming into your pillow in a visceral and full-bodied release, we want to hear your tips or quick life hacks on how you juggle it all. This can be shared on social with a photo or a quick video, along with the hashtag #worklifebalancerepeat. Follow along with us on Instagram
Each week, we’ll select one participant from Instagram who will receive a special package with your best-balanced life in mind.
Ready, set, REPEAT!
To kick off the #worklifebalanceREPEAT challenge, we have CEO and Founder of Sufferfest Beer Co, Caitlin Landesberg, here to share her top 5 tips for finding some balance in her life when it feels like things are (most often) out of whack.
Cheers to finding some balance today!
Caitlin’s Top 5 Balance Hacks
I’m a mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, athlete, and the CEO of a growing business. I often get the question, “How do you do it?” The answer is...I take it day to day. (But I will say, if you want something done, give it to a mom!) Despite how daunting the days can be, however, I DO have a few tricks up my sleeve. Here are 5 of my favs that keep me sane, healthy, and trucking along:
1. SWEAT: Sweating every day is my anti-anxiety and antidepressant - I take it seriously. Because there aren’t enough hours in the day, I commute by foot to sneak in some exercise and outdoor time. Whether I’m running, walking, or finding a few hidden staircases around the city -- it all counts if I’m up on my feet.
2. FOCUS: I love keeping tabs on friends and brands I love through social media, but there are times when I need to focus on me, my family, and stay present in a world full of distractions, comparisons and influences. Taking extended breaks from social media helps me regain my focus on what’s important to me and boosts my confidence around the decisions I’ve made.
3. REST: I need to be asleep on the early side to be up at dawn when I’m most productive. This is when I cleanup around the house, answer emails, and prepare for the morning routine with my 16-month old daughter. I’ve discovered Peaceful Slumber Sound Sleep Oil Blend by Saje. I literally douse myself in it the night before and I swear the fragrance has been lulling me right to sleep. I would bathe in it if I could -- highly recommend.
4. CONNECT: Before there were 3.5 of us (baby boy due this December!) there were 2. My husband and I carve out one night a week to “date”. One of us picks the agenda, plans a night out, and surprises the other. And if we can’t nail down a babysitter, we make due with Scrabble and mocktails!
5. DANCE: Gotta keep it fun and on my toes. In my next life I wish to come back as a trained dancer. For now, I turn up my favorite jams and have a dance party with my daughter before dinner. I’m convinced shaking our bodies and clapping our hands is a primal instinct. ;)